Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Little Brothers of St. Francis







The Little Brothers of St. Francis

This Community of Brothers was founded in 1970 in the Archdiocese of Boston by  Br.James Curran.   They belong to the Third Order Regular of St. Francis.  Their charism as Br. Curran says is  “To follow Jesus in the footsteps of Saint Francis as a non-clerical community of religious brothers (not ordained to the priesthood), embracing a life of contemplative prayer, Eucharistic Adoration, and solidarity with the lepers of our society.”  

Their Friaries are located in poor inner city neighbourhoods.  The Brothers seek to live poor among the poor as a prayerful presence in Christ's Eucharistic presence. 

For more information on their Community you can check their website at http://www.littlebrothersofstfrancis.org/

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! This is a very interesting post about the Brothers. When I scrolled down and saw the photo of Dorothy Day my heart leapt, she's my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holly for your comment. I just started this blog yesterday so I have alot more to do with it....thanks again and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete